Pages

10.24.2007

My Angel!

It's been 2 years since my Nana passed away, and it still feels just like yesterday. It was expected, yet unexpected, and I can still feel the way I felt when I got the phone call from her neighbor, who was worried b/c her curtains were still closed, and it was the afternoon. Then how I felt calling my mom at work to tell her, who then rushed to her house. Then getting the call from my mom, in tears, telling me she's gone. Then finally, going to her house, to see her...so lifeless...sitting in her chair.

And it's still her chair. Though her chair is now at my parents house, I've yet to sit in it these past 2 years, and I don't think I ever will. It's hers...another little part of her I won't ever be able to let go...

So to my Nana...I am glad you are in a better place. Not a day goes by that you don't cross my mind, and I miss you sooooo much!!! I know you're up there, looking down on us, blessing us. I just wish I could touch your hand one more time!!!!!! You truly are, my Angel!



(taken from Kellie Pickler's "My Angel")

You were my best friend
You were everything I want to be
And all the good inside of me There's never been
Never been another
That loved me like you did
My Nana, my angel
Even though I can't touch your face, I feel you with me every day. I wish you could see all my dreams coming true. When I get lost I close my eyes, and I feel you shining down so bright; I feel you shining down on me.
You were my best friend
You were everything I want to be
And all the good inside of me there's never been
Never been another
That loved me like you did
My Nana, my angel
You were my best friend. You were everything I want to be, and all the good inside of me there's never been. Never been anotherThat loved me like you did...
My Nana, my angel

No comments: