Pages

10.07.2009

5 years ago today...


I look back at 5 years ago, and think about how much has happened and how much has changed. Five years ago, Babe & I were newlyweds. We lived in Middle River. We worked at different jobs. And we were waking up to get ready to go meet our 1st born - Buddy!

Today, Buddy turns 5! A "whole hand full" as he says ;) It amazes me to of seen him grow up to such a beautiful boy these past 5 years, being there for just about everything he's gone through, yet still wondering where the time has gone. 5 years seems so long ago, yet just like yesterday. How can that be?

I remember the day he was born. He was born via c-section b/c of being breech. I was nervous. Babe was nervous. But both of us were soooo excited!!!! At 2:30pm on this date in 2004, the Dr. pulled Buddy out, and he was born!!!! He had loud lungs from the start - music to my ears :) Now he can sing his own songs - music to my ears :) He talks up a storm and has energy like I've never seen. His attitudes are more frequent, but isn't that part of growing up?

Over the past 5 years I've learned a lot about parenting, being a child's best friend, and how to love so deep!!! Buddy has learned so much about this huge world, and has so much more to learn - he doesn't even know it! I look forward to the next 5 years of watching Buddy grow and learn, and all of the years after that! He never ceases to amaze me!

Buddy - Happy 5th Birthday, lil' man! Daddy, Princess & I love you soooooo much!!!! :)


No comments: