Pages

3.01.2011

3 months old!

I know it's been a while since I last wrote. My only excuse is that I've been busy loving up on our new son :) Monkey was born on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 at 3:48pm! Like his big sis, Monkey made a quick appearance into this world. To make a short story even shorter, here's how his birthday date went: 5am: I woke up normally to work from home. I did some work from home until it was time to head to my Drs appt.

10am: Got to the Drs - I was 3cm and already effacing - so they striped my membranes. Told us to go home, but expect to be back later. Since we had Princess with us, we grabbed some breakfast at Dunkin Donuts then headed home as I wasn't yet having contractions, Babe had to get ready for work, and I was still working from home.

11am: As soon as we got home and I walked through the front door, no lie, the contractions started. I timed them for a little then told Babe I think we should head back to Bel Air incase it's REALLY time, that way we'd be close.

Noonish: We were back in Bel Air and decided to walk around Best Buy. We bought my Mom and Babe's brother a Christmas gift there. While walking around, the contractions were getting closer together and more intense. I called the hospital and they said to come on in.

1ish: We got to the hospital and checked in. They monitored my contractions for a while. The midwife came in a little later to check my progression - i was now 5, almost 6cm, and 70% effaced --- WE'RE GONNA HAVE A BABY TODAY FOR SURE!!! :) I was then moved to my birthing room. At this point, since I was progressing fast like i did with Princess, i officially decided to go natural. That's right, no meds, and I don't regret it (no matter how much it hurt, LOL!)

3ish: I had the midwife check me again - 8cm, 100% effaced. IT'S GETTING CLOSE! Babe bet me the baby would be here by 3:30, I couldn't believe how close he was to being right ;)
The contractions were getting so strong and so close together. I was worried I wouldn't know when it would be time to push...but then, out of no where, I had the contraction that told me it was time! My mom went to get our wonderful midwife who then checked me, and sure enough, it was PUSHING time!!! I pushed for a total of 8 minutes and at the end of those 8 minutes we welcomed Monkey to the world :)

12.1.10
3:48pm
7lbs 8oz
20 1/4 inches


Babe was able to help deliver him and tell me "IT'S A BOY!" It was love at first sight! My amazing Mother was there to witness the birth of her 4th grandchild, and she was such a help during labor. We also had Julie, our wonderful doula, to help us through! And of course the great hospital staff! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!! :)


I can't believe it's already been 3 months! Buddy & Princess are doing so great at being the older siblings :) They make me proud each day. And honestly, 3 isn't as hard as I thought. Sure, there are times when I am going crazy, but that doesn't happen often. Monkey fits right in and I couldn't imagine our family without him! He's so alert and LOVES watching Buddy & Princess play and dance. He's recently started sticking out his tongue...it's so cute! We're still working on him sleeping all night - he did great when he was first born, we've had some bumpy roads, and now he's up 1-2 times a night. I can't complain, really. Even though he was our smallest baby at birth, he's growing to be our biggest baby. At 2 months he was almost 12lbs! I can't wait to see how much he weighs today at 3 months!

Now that I'm back to work I will be able to have a little more time to write on here more. I hope to have more pics up soon, too! :)

No comments: