Pages

7.11.2008

Dental Work!

When Buddy last went to the Dentist, they found 2 of his teeth to have tiny holes in them. So the dentist suggest we get them filled, like he would a cavity. So, we made appts for sometime in October, and Buddy's name was put on a call list should something become available earlier.

Well, yesterday at 8:45am I get a call from his dental office saying there's an opening at 9:15, can Buddy make it? Of course I'm at work, but luckily Babe is home still. I call Babe up to see if he can take Buddy, and he can, do he does.

Normally, we "prep" Buddy for the dentist or the doctors. But since this was on such short notice, we didn't have time to do that. And I think that's why Buddywas so scared yesterday : /

Babe called me around 10:30. The first thing he said was "You better be glad you weren't there, you wouldn't of been able to handle it!" YIKES! Apparently Buddy wouldn't let the dentist do anything...wouldn't let them numb him, wouldn't let them use the laughing gas on him, nothing. Babe literally had to hold Buddy's whole body down while they tried to work on the one tooth. Babee said they barely got 1 tooth done, and we have to take Buddy back in a couple weeks to get the other one worked on : / I'm sure not looking forward to that!!!

But overall, he's a brave little camper. He was perfectly fine after the whole dental visit, and I think he just wants to forget it. Hopefully next time he can be more cooperative. I don't think I'm going to go, just b/c Babe put it perfectly...I wouldn't be able to handle it. But I'm taking a half day off work b/c they will be giving him meds that will make him not like himself afterwards. So...I do need to be there for that!

Hope all is well with you all! :)

No comments: