Pages

5.25.2012

Character

As a parent, you want to believe that you are raising your child in the best way possible. You know your child better than anyone else, and you can pick up on your childs flaws along with all the great things they do more than anyone else. So, it's really nice to hear when someone else has noticed the GREAT in your child.

I got this email from Buddy's teacher yesterday. A simple email that says a lot about Buddy and made me extra proud to be his Mommy :)

"Hi K, I wanted to share a story about Buddy. During Music, Buddy was doing a little too much talking, but Mrs. G forgot to write it on my behavior log. At the end of the day when we were going over their behavior calendars, Buddy told me that his was supposed to be yellow because of a problem in Music. Most first graders wouldn't have made a point of telling me about it---they would have just let it slide--- but not Buddy I think that says a lot about his character.
Mrs. D,
First Grade Teacher"


Yes, he told me that day that he had a yellow day. Yes, this "chatterbox" behavior is one we are working on improving with him - knowing when and when not to talk ;) And YES, I'm proud I have a chatterbox! He talks to Babe & I all the time - and we do our best to listen. We want to make sure he knows he can ALWAYS talk to us about anything.






No comments: