Pages

3.14.2008

This is harder then I thought it would be.

Well, it's been one week since the accident. I thought today was going to be the worst day, but so far it's probably been the 2nd best - at least for how my neck, shoulders and back are feeling!

I started physical therapy last night. I was there 1 1/2 hours, and it was great! Most of the time was spent answering questions my therapist had to ask. Then he massaged my neck a very little bit and showed me a few exercises to start doing on my own. After that, I was able to lay on a very hot heating pad for about 20 mins...it was oh so wonderful!!! I go back on Tuesday. I'll be going twice a week for the next 6-10 weeks, and i can start going to the gym - - but only to do the bicycle, treadmill, and swimming pool. Hey, it's better then not being able to do the gym at all.

We still don't know about our car. We were supposed to know Monday, and now it's friday. I sure hope we know by today!

Dealing with the body shop, both insurance companies, having to do physical therapy, driving (it tenses me up so much) is so hard. And after seeing my parents go through this, and other friends go through this, I kind of expected that. But what I didn't expect, and what's even harder to deal with, is the fact that I can't play with Buddy like I used to. I can't carry him or hold him, unless I'm sitting down. And it's effecting him, too. I miss not being about to rough-house with him, or play swords, or simply throw a football back and forth, and then tackle him when he catches it. It's so hard.

Last night I let him sleep with me in our bed until Babe got home. He asked me if he could rub my shoulders, and I said "sure ya can!" So he rubbed my shoulder for about 3 seconds, and asked "now you feel better, right?" And i said "yes honey, that makes mommy feel better!" and he responded "so you can play swords with me now? and play football now? because you feel better?" It nearly broke my heart. He understands that I hurt, but not the extent of it. And it just kills me :( I just want to be able to pick him up and hold him and hug him again, and not have it pull at my neck and hurt. I can't wait for that day!

I'll write again soon! Hope all is well with everyone :)

No comments: