Pages

8.16.2011

Making an old desk new!

 The old desk:

When I was 7 years old, my Dad an I painted the desk you see above. The desk was my Dads when he was a kid - my Dad actually built it! When we finished painting it, we added our initials and the date (10/23/1988) to the back. I remember doing this with my dad. It's always been a memory I've held close and a time I will never forget. 23 years later, I was able to make that same memory for my (almost) 7 year old :) 

Putting the primer on!

haha Buddy put his hand on top of the wet primer! Oops!

waiting on the primer to dry!

mixing the RED paint :)

making memories!

good job, Buddy :) 

It's all finished!!!
We probably should have made it thicker, but Buddy's initials and date (8/13/11) are now added to the desk :)

Buddy sitting at his "new" desk! :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I love that you gave him your old desk! Aren't those your dad's initials on the desk too? It turned out great and I LOVE the color!